When you’re selling your home, you want to promote those features that will be of highest interest to prospective buyers. After all, the more reasons a buyer has to love your property, the more likely they are to make a great offer.
Increasingly, one category of features that buyers are looking for is energy efficiency. So, if there are specific energy-saving characteristics of your home, make sure those are highlighted when selling.
When considering the energy-efficient characteristics of your property, consider the following:
• Appliances: Fridge, stove, washer, dryer.
• HVAC: Furnace, air conditioner.
• Insulation. (Especially in the attic.)
• Home technology. For example, a system that automates heating, cooling, lighting, etc., to keep energy usage to a minimum.
• Lighting. Have you switched to LED bulbs or fixtures?
• Windows and doors. For example, did you replace windows in recent years to help lower heating and cooling costs?
If something stands out as particularly energy-efficient, it will be of interest to many buyers.
And, obviously, if your home has a unique energy-efficient feature, such as solar panels, you’ll definitely want to point that out in the listing description.
Want more tips on maximizing the appeal of your property? Call today.
Post Your Comment: