1. Save Time and Energy. Without having to drive long distances you will have more time for fun this holiday season.
2. Save Money. Check local ads for the best sales and ask the merchants for the best value purchases.
3. Boost Employment. That’s good news for your local economy and residents who are looking for employment.
4. Get More Personalized Service. You know you can trust the person behind the counter to give you good advice and value, especially if you know them personally.
5. Find Great Variety. Doing your shopping locally lets you check out all the stores and shops.
6. To Get Problems Solved. Ever tried to return an item from an out of town purchase? When you shop locally, your friends are the ones helping you solve your problems.
7. To Promote Economic Development. More local sales mean more money in circulation. That means more business can grow, and new business can start. That improves your community for everyone.
8. To Foster A Sense of Community. When you shop locally, your money is not going off to some corporate headquarters-it’s going into the friendly neighbourhood stores you see every day.
9. To Help Others. Local businesses support a wide range for services and charitable projects, from local food banks to day-care centres to schools.
10. To Lower Your Tax Bill. More sales mean more takes are collected. That means a bigger portion of money comes back to this area for community service. All that could save you tax dollars.